2 Min Read
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Charlie Sheen on Monday saw his criminal case on charges he assaulted his wife delayed until July after a plea bargain hit a snag.
Sheen, star of CBS sitcom "Two and a Half Men," had been charged in Aspen, Colorado with assaulting Brooke Mueller on Christmas Day 2009 during a family vacation to the popular ski resort.
Following are some key facts about Sheen.
* Charlie Sheen, 44, whose birth name is Carlos Irwin Estevez, is the third of four children born to "West Wing" star Martin Sheen and artist Janet Templeton.
* Currently plays womanizing bachelor Charlie Harper in the CBS series "Two and a Half Men" -- the most popular comedy on U.S. television. Sheen is U.S. television's highest paid actor with a recently-negotiated salary reported to be about $1.8 million per episode.
* He is three times married with five children. He wed Brooke Mueller in 2008 after divorcing his wife of four years, actress Denise Richards. Previously dated two former porn actresses.
* Pleaded no contest to a 1997 battery charge against his then girlfriend.
* Denise Richards obtained restraining order against him in 2006 claiming he had threatened her life.
* Admitted in 1995 trial to being a regular client of brothels run by Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss. "I love sex and I can afford it," Sheen said at the time.
* Spent time in rehab for drink and drug issues in 1990, 1998 and early 2010.
* Film credits include "Platoon" (1986), "Wall Street" (1987) and "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (2010); TV credits include "Spin City" and "Two and a Half Men"
Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Bob Tourtellotte