Take That announce tour after reunion with Robbie

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:02am EDT
 
Email This Article |
Share This Article
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
| Print This Article | Single Page
[-] Text [+]

LONDON (Reuters Life!) - Reunited with singer Robbie Williams after 15 years, British band Take That announced a 20-date tour on Tuesday with bookies predicting their forthcoming album will top the Christmas charts.

The tour of Britain and Europe will be their first as a quintet since 1995 -- and the band vowed they would share a dressing room just like in their old boy band days of the 1990s.

"We've always shared a dressing room. And I'll be carrying on that tradition too," said Williams, who rejoined the band earlier this year.

While his solo career has faltered in recent years, Take That, who broke up in 1996, have enjoyed renewed success after reforming in 2005 without Williams.

A tour last year to promote the 2008 album "The Circus," broke British box-office records when it sold 600,000 tickets in less than five hours.

"It's funny because when Rob watched the Circus tour, he said, 'I want to do that, but with me in it,'" said singer Mark Owen at a news conference.

"So that's what we're aiming to do -- the same thing, but with Rob in it."

Gary Barlow, the band's primary songwriter said this year's tour is going to be a big production stadium show.

"It's going to be a spectacular event," he said.   Continued...