2 Min Read
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - On Thursday, Charlie Sheen was rushed to the hospital by ambulance for abdominal pains. It is the latest in a series of bizarre incidents for the 45-year-old actor, whose "Two and a Half Men" co-star Jon Cryer recently said is gossip fodder on the set of their top-rated CBS sitcom.
THR looks back at Sheen's top five scandals of the past five months:
1. JAN 14, 2011: CBS entertainment chief Nina Tassler tells TV critics in L.A. that the network has "a high level of concern" for the star. "This man is a father. He's got children. He has a family. So obviously there's concern on a personal level."
2. WEEKEND OF JAN 7, 2011: Numerous Internet reports surface claiming that Sheen went on a bender in Las Vegas with porn stars and didn't show up to work. His rep, Stan Rosenfield, laughed off the rumors in a statement: "Charlie Sheen arrived at work today and is there as I send this. Memo to Chicken Little: The sky remains in place."
3. DECEMBER 2010: Twitter and other blogs are abuzz that Sheen has died in a snowboarding accident, prompting his ex Denise Richards to Tweet: "He is alive and on his way over to see his daughters. Thank u all for your concern."
4. NOVEMBER 2010: Escort Capri Anderson - who was in the posh Plaza Hotel suite room Sheen trashed (while naked) in October 2010 - claims he grabbed her neck during the rampage. But Sheen's attorney said her claims were "a blatant attempt to cash in on his celebrity." As for Sheen's wild Plaza Hotel night, he told celebrity news show "Extra:" "If a guy has one bad night, everybody goes insane and panics. I'm not panicking."
5. NOVEMBER 2010: Sheen files for divorce from his third wife, Brooke Mueller (with whom he has two sons). Sheen had previously pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault in exchange for probation and rehab stemming from their ugly 2009 Christmas Day brawl in which he threatened to kill her.
Editing by Zorianna Kit