Factbox: Facts about Kate Middleton
(Reuters) - Thousands of Britons are planning to get out the bunting, balloons and fold-up tables and hold street parties across the country to celebrate the April 29th wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Here are a few facts about Middleton.
* The eldest of three children, Catherine Middleton was born on January 9, 1982 into a middle-class family from Berkshire, west of London.
* Her father Michael worked as a pilot and her mother Carole as an airline stewardess before setting up a mail order business selling party supplies.
A ROYAL ROMANCE:
* She met Prince William at St. Andrews University in Scotland in 2001, where she read history of art. The pair lived together in a house shared with friends.
* By April 2004, she was going on the annual ski trip to Switzerland with William, his father and his brother Harry, sending the paparazzi into a feeding frenzy.
* They briefly split up in 2007 after William was posted around the country as part of his military training, according to media reports. Continued...