BRIEF-Mitel to acquire Polycom in deal valued at about $1.96 bln
April 15 (Reuters) - Mitel Networks Corp :
* Mitel announces definitive agreement to acquire Polycom
* Says transaction valued at approximately $1.96 billion
* Transaction expected to be accretive to Mitel in 2017
* Mitel Networks Corp says Polycom stockholders will be entitled to $3.12 in cash and 1.31 Mitel common shares for each share of Polycom common stock
* Polycom brand to be retained
* Richard Mcbee, Mitel's chief executive officer will lead combined organization.
* Steve Spooner, Mitel's chief financial officer, will also continue in that role
* Says expected that Polycom directors will assume two seats on Mitel board Continued...