UPDATE 3-Burger King/Tim Hortons owner profit gets boost from new menu items
* Q2 revenue and adjusted EPS beat estimates
* Burger King comp sales up 6.7 pct; Tim Hortons' 5.5 pct
* New items, chicken fries re-launch boost Burger King
* Tim Hortons adds new lunch-time items; healthy foods helps
* Shares rise 7.5 pct to 5-month high (Adds Breakingviews link)
By Anet Josline Pinto and Sneha Banerjee
July 27 (Reuters) - Restaurant Brands International Inc , formed out of Burger King's takeover of Canadian coffee chain Tim Hortons last year, reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit as new menu items helped attract customers.
The world's third-largest fast-food restaurant group's shares rose 7.5 percent to a five-month high on Monday after both chains posted a rise in second-quarter comparable restaurant sales.
Burger King's comparable sales rose 6.7 percent, the most in nearly a decade, helped by the launch of items such as extra long pulled pork sandwiches and mozzarella bacon cheeseburgers as well as the re-launch of chicken fries. Continued...