BRIEF-BlackBerry says if hardware not profitable by Sept could cut loose
April 1 (Reuters) - BlackBerry CEO tells CNBC that if he can't get hardware unit to profitability by September will have to seriously consider becoming a software-only company.
BlackBerry CEO says delays in contract negotiations, including With U.S. Carrier Verizon, slowed handset distribution
* BlackBerry CEO john chen says has multiple growth engines in software
* BlackBerry CEO says one area of shortfall was in hardware revenue which declined from last quarter
* BlackBerry CEO says hardware volume shortfall was due to delay in contract talks with some carriers on priv
* BlackBerry CEO says co had numerous software contract wins in the latest quarter
* BlackBerry CEO says company did not generate any intellectual property licensing revenue in the quarter
* BlackBerry says its model reflects a gross margin in the mid to high 40s for the next quarter Continued...