(Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 38.11 points, or 0.23 percent, to 16,266.61.
* The biggest contributor to the TSX loss was Enbridge Inc. Energy was the top sector drag.
* Leading the index percentage gainers were Maxar Technologies Ltd , up 6.1 percent, Eldorado Gold Corp , up 3.8 percent, and Dorel Industries Inc , which rose 3.5 percent.
* The biggest percentage losers were Centerra Gold Inc , down 9.2 percent, Tahoe Resources Inc, down 6.2 percent, and Encana Corp, lower by 3.6 percent.
* On the TSX 108 issues advanced and 132 declined as a 0.8-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 1 new highs and 4 new lows, with total volume of 166.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Enbridge Inc and Aurora Cannabis Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 2.07 points, or 1.00 percent, while the financials sector slipped 0.35 points, or -0.12 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.55 percent, or $1.15, to $72.99 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.74 percent, or $0.59, to $77.65 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 0.4 percent for the year.
Reporting By Sinéad Carew