July 26, 2018 / 1:39 PM / a year ago

Grupo Aeromexico offers to buy shares in PLM for $180 million from Canada's AIMIA

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican aviation company Grupo Aeromexico announced on Thursday a non-binding offering to acquire shares in loyalty program operator PLM for $180 million from its Canadian partner AIMIA Inc.

The shares controlled by AIMIA (AIM.TO) represent about 49 percent of PLM, and Grupo Aeromexico (AEROMEX.MX) owns the remaining 51 percent of the company, Aeromexico said in a statement. Aeromexico said the proposal will be valid through August 3.

PLM Premier operates Club Premier, a loyalty program with four million members.

Reporting by Veronica Gomez Sparrowe; writing by Julia Love; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below