NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 75.76 points, or 0.46 percent, to 16,250.75.
* Lagging shares were First Majestic Silver Corp, down 14.9 percent, Stars Group Inc, down 10.9 percent, and Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd, lower by 7.5 percent.
* Leading the index were Intertape Polymer Group Inc, up 6.4 percent, Boyd Group Income Fund (BYD_u.TO), up 6.2 percent, and Badger Daylighting Ltd, higher by 5.6 percent.
* On the TSX 88 issues advanced and 154 declined as a 0.6-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 11 new highs and 10 new lows, with total volume of 169.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc, Bombardier Inc and Canopy Growth Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.79 points, or 0.89 percent, while the financials sector slipped 0.19 points, or -0.06 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.47 percent, or $0.32, to $67.31 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.11 percent, or $0.08, to $72.73 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 0.3 percent for the year.
Reporting by Caroline Valetkevitch