* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX .GSPTSE rose 30.42 points, or 0.19 percent, to 16,136.66.
* On the TSX 130 issues rose and 101 fell as a 1.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 14 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 229.1 million shares.
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN rose 0.98 points, or 0.6 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 0.07 points, or 0.0 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.53 percent, or $0.3, to $57.09 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.35 percent, or $0.23, to $66.81 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 12.7 percent for the year.