FILE PHOTO: A TMX Group sign, the company that runs the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX), is seen in Toronto, June 23, 2014. REUTERS/Mark Blinch
- The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.19 percent to 16,867.20
- Leading the index were Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd (TRQ.TO), up 8.5 percent, MAG Silver Corp (MAG.TO), up 6.6 percent, and Iamgold Corp (IMG.TO), higher by 5.4 percent.
- Lagging shares were Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd (OR.TO), down 10.0 percent, First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FM.TO), down 9.7 percent, and Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM.TO), lower by 5.0 percent.
- On the TSX 111 issues rose and 116 fell as a 1-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 11 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 163.0 million shares.
- The most heavily traded shares by volume were First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FM.TO), Encana Corp ECA.TO and Kinross Gold Corp (K.TO).
- The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN rose 0.08 points, or 0.1 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 1.18 points, or 0.4 percent.
- West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.67 percent, or $0.39, to $58.48 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.3 percent, or $0.19, to $64.47 [O/R]
- The TSX is up 17.8 percent for the year.