FILE PHOTO: A TMX Group sign, the company that runs the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX), is seen in Toronto, June 23, 2014. REUTERS/Mark Blinch
- The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.04 percent to 16,790.40
- Leading the index were Kinaxis Inc (KXS.TO), up 3.4 percent, Secure Energy Services Inc (SES.TO), up 2.9 percent, and Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP_u.TO), higher by 2.8 percent.
- Lagging shares were First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FM.TO), down 10.5 percent, Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM.TO), down 8.3 percent, and Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd (TRQ.TO), lower by 6.0 percent.
- On the TSX 116 issues rose and 115 fell as a 1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 20 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 203.8 million shares.
- The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bank Of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO), B2gold Corp (BTO.TO) and Baytex Energy Corp (BTE.TO).
- The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 0.86 points, or 0.6 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 0.82 points, or 0.3 percent.
- West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.07 percent, or $0.04, to $56.53 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.51 percent, or $0.32, to $62.71 [O/R]
- The TSX is up 17.2 percent for the year.