FILE PHOTO: The Art Deco facade of the original Toronto Stock Exchange building is seen on Bay Street in Toronto, Ontario, Canada January 23, 2019. REUTERS/Chris Helgren
- The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.21 percent to 16,658.63
- Leading the index were Interfor Corp (IFP.TO), up 2.9 percent, Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO), up 2.9 percent, and First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FM.TO), higher by 2.8 percent.
- Lagging shares were Silvercorp Metals Inc (SVM.TO), down 9.2 percent, Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd (WDO.TO), down 7.0 percent, and Iamgold Corp (IMG.TO), lower by 6.6 percent.
- On the TSX 104 issues rose and 125 fell as a 0.8-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 11 new highs and 5 new lows, with total volume of 200.6 million shares.
- The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO), Enbridge Inc (ENB.TO) and Encana Corp ECA.TO.
- The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 1.27 points, or 0.9 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 0.45 points, or 0.1 percent.
- West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 2.88 percent, or $1.61, to $54.3 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 1.87 percent, or $1.16, to $60.75 [O/R]
- The TSX is up 16.3 percent for the year.