FILE PHOTO: The Toronto Stock Exchange sign is seen in Toronto, Ontario, Canada July 6, 2017. REUTERS/Chris Helgren
- The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 1.27 percent to 16,447.66
- Leading the index were Semafo Inc (SMF.TO), up 4.0 percent, Yamana Gold Inc (YRI.TO), up 2.9 percent, and Detour Gold Corp (DGC.TO), higher by 2.8 percent.
- Lagging shares were Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO), down 10.6 percent, Bausch Health Companies Inc (BHC.TO), down 10.0 percent, and Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM.TO), lower by 8.8 percent.
- On the TSX 46 issues rose and 185 fell as a 0.2-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 11 new highs and 9 new lows, with total volume of 224.8 million shares.
- The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO), Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO) and Encana Corp ECA.TO.
- The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 4.42 points, or 3.2 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 4.23 points, or 1.3 percent.
- West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 0.87 percent, or $0.47, to $53.6 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 0.52 percent, or $0.31, to $58.94 [O/R]
- The TSX is up 14.8 percent for the year.