FILE PHOTO: The Art Deco facade of the original Toronto Stock Exchange building is seen on Bay Street in Toronto, Ontario, Canada January 23, 2019. REUTERS/Chris Helgren
- The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.49 percent to 16,449.35
- Leading the index were Torex Gold Resources Inc (TXG.TO), up 4.9 percent, Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO), up 4.5 percent, and Linamar Corp (LNR.TO), higher by 4.4 percent.
- Lagging shares were Secure Energy Services Inc (SES.TO), down 8.7 percent, Cronos Group Inc (CRON.TO), down 3.1 percent, and Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO), lower by 2.8 percent.
- On the TSX 157 issues rose and 71 fell as a 2.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 11 new highs and 5 new lows, with total volume of 183.2 million shares.
- The most heavily traded shares by volume were Toronto-dominion Bank (TD.TO), Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO) and Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO).
- The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 0.30 points, or 0.2 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 1.98 points, or 0.7 percent.
- West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.8 percent, or $0.42, to $52.87 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 1.21 percent, or $0.7, to $58.41 [O/R]
- The TSX is up 14.8 percent for the year.