FILE PHOTO: The Art Deco facade of the original Toronto Stock Exchange building is seen on Bay Street in Toronto, Ontario, Canada January 23, 2019. REUTERS/Chris Helgren
- The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.02 percent to 16,418.39
- Leading the index were Aphria Inc (APHA.TO), up 15.5 percent, Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd (WDO.TO), up 6.2 percent, and Cronos Group Inc (CRON.TO), higher by 6.1 percent.
- Lagging shares were OceanaGold Corp (OGC.TO), down 12.5 percent, Alamos Gold Inc (AGI.TO), down 12.1 percent, and Alacer Gold Corp (ASR.TO), lower by 8.1 percent.
- On the TSX 116 issues rose and 115 fell as a 1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 4 new highs and 4 new lows, with total volume of 212.3 million shares.
- The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO), Aphria Inc (APHA.TO) and Manulife Financial Corp (MFC.TO).
- The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 0.52 points, or 0.4 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 1.71 points, or 0.6 percent.
- West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.21 percent, or $0.11, to $52.92 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 0.76 percent, or $0.45, to $58.9 [O/R]
- The TSX is up 14.6 percent for the year.