FILE PHOTO: The Toronto Stock Exchange sign is seen in Toronto, Ontario, Canada July 6, 2017. REUTERS/Chris Helgren
- The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.05% to 16,427.18
- Leading the index were Aritzia Inc (ATZ.TO), up 16.0 %, First Majestic Silver Corp (FR.TO), up 8.2%, and Interfor Corp (IFP.TO), higher by 6.6%.
- Lagging shares were Aphria Inc (APHA.TO), down 10.6%, Shopify Inc (SHOP.TO), down 6.6%, and Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd (TRQ.TO), lower by 4.7%.
- On the TSX 126 issues rose and 103 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 3 new highs and 3 new lows, with total volume of 162.7 million shares.
- The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aphria Inc (APHA.TO), Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO) and Encana Corp (ECA.TO).
- The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 0.50 points, or 0.4%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 0.82 points, or 0.3%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.47%, or $0.25, to $53.06 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.66% , or $0.39, to $59.13 [O/R]
- The TSX is up 14.7% for the year.