FILE PHOTO: The Art Deco facade of the original Toronto Stock Exchange building is seen on Bay Street in Toronto, Ontario, Canada January 23, 2019. REUTERS/Chris Helgren
- The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.01 percent to 16,426.30
- Leading the index were Hexo Corp (HEXO.TO), up 17.2%, First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FM.TO), up 11.8%, and Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO), higher by 7.6%.
- Lagging shares were Enerflex Ltd (EFX.TO), down 5.1%, Gran Tierra Energy Inc (GTE.TO), down 4.8%, and Baytex Energy Corp (BTE.TO), lower by 3.9%.
- On the TSX 121 issues rose and 109 fell as a 1.1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 2 new highs and 9 new lows, with total volume of 167.9 million shares.
- The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO), First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FM.TO) and Encana Corp ECA.TO.
- The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN rose 0.31 points, or 0.3%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 1.23 points, or 0.4%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 1.22%, or $0.65, to $54.01 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.81% , or $0.48, to $59.9 [O/R]
- The TSX is up 14.7% for the year.