FILE PHOTO: A man walks past an old Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) sign in Toronto, June 23, 2014. REUTERS/Mark Blinch
- The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.30 percent to 16,377.12
- Leading the index were Ballard Power Systems Inc (BLDP.TO), up 5.9%, Enerflex Ltd (EFX.TO), up 3.7%, and Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM.TO), higher by 3.5%.
- Lagging shares were Gildan Activewear Inc (GIL.TO), down 25.1%, Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO), down 5.6%, and Hexo Corp (HEXO.TO), lower by 5.5%.
- On the TSX 87 issues rose and 140 fell as a 0.6-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 3 new highs and 9 new lows, with total volume of 166.2 million shares.
- The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO), Gildan Activewear Inc (GIL.TO) and Encana Corp (ECA.TO).
- The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 1.43 points, or 1.1%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 0.59 points, or 0.2%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 0.33%, or $0.18, to $53.75 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 1% , or $0.6, to $59.31 [O/R]
- The TSX is up 14.3% for the year.