* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.08 percent to 16,972.18
* Leading the index were Ag Growth International Inc , up 7.6%, Superior Plus Corp , up 6.2%, and Ballard Power Systems Inc , higher by 5.6%.
* Lagging shares were Canopy Growth Corp , down 14.5%, Aurora Cannabis Inc, down 9.1%, and Cronos Group Inc, lower by 5.6%.
* On the TSX 151 issues rose and 77 fell as a 2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 17 new highs and 5 new lows, with total volume of 166.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Canopy Growth Corp and Encana Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.64 points, or 0.5%, while the financials sector climbed 0.74 points, or 0.2%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.35%, or $0.2, to $56.92 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.05% , or $0.03, to $62.4 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 18.5% for the year.