* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.08 percent to 17,011.40
* Leading the index were Hexo Corp , up 15.2%, Aphria Inc , up 13.3%, and Cronos Group Inc , higher by 9.9%.
* Lagging shares were Ballard Power Systems Inc , down 10.1%, OceanaGold Corp, down 6.0%, and SNC-Lavalin Group Inc, lower by 5.8%.
* On the TSX 108 issues rose and 121 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 18 new highs and 7 new lows, with total volume of 220.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Aphria Inc and Encana Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.65 points, or 1.2%, while the financials sector climbed 0.44 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 3.24%, or $1.85, to $55.2 a barrel. Brent crude fell 2.5% , or $1.56, to $60.88 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 18.8% for the year.