* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.03 percent to 17,005.82
* Leading the index were Canopy Growth Corp , up 16.4%, Aurora Cannabis Inc , up 12.5%, and Aphria Inc , higher by 5.6%.
* Lagging shares were Linamar Corp , down 4.0%, Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund (CHE_u.TO), down 3.6%, and West Fraser Timber Co Ltd, lower by 3.3%.
* On the TSX 134 issues rose and 94 fell as a 1.4-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 19 new highs and 4 new lows, with total volume of 237.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Encana Corp and Canopy Growth Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 1.02 points, or 0.8%, while the financials sector slipped 0.80 points, or 0.2%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 3.08%, or $1.7, to $56.91 a barrel. Brent crude rose 2.5% , or $1.52, to $62.43 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 18.7% for the year.