* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.04 percent to 16,999.19
* Leading the index were Hexo Corp , up 35.2%, Aurora Cannabis Inc , up 19.1%, and Canopy Growth Corp , higher by 16%.
* Lagging shares were OceanaGold Corp , down 10.7%, Eldorado Gold Corp, down 4.7%, and MAG Silver Corp, lower by 4.6%.
* On the TSX 96 issues rose and 135 fell as a 0.7-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 15 new highs and 3 new lows, with total volume of 235.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Hexo Corp and Canopy Growth Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 1.26 points, or 1.0%, while the financials sector climbed 0.28 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.47%, or $1.41, to $58.42 a barrel. Brent crude rose 2.18% , or $1.36, to $63.76
* The TSX is up 18.7% for the year.