* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.02 percent to 17,035.88
* Leading the index were Silvercorp Metals Inc , up 6.6%, Alacer Gold Corp , up 6%, and MAG Silver Corp , higher by 5.4%.
* Lagging shares were Hexo Corp , down 8.5%, Ivanhoe Mines Ltd, down 4.9%, and Secure Energy Services Inc, lower by 4.5%.
* On the TSX 102 issues rose and 126 fell as a 0.8-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 17 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 323.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Encana Corp and Detour Gold Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.78 points, or 1.3%, while the financials sector slipped 1.34 points, or 0.4%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.59%, or $0.34, to $58.35 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.91% , or $0.58, to $64.23
* The TSX is up 18.9% for the year.