* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.03 percent to 16,897.34
* Leading the index were Hudbay Minerals Inc , up 11.9%, MEG Energy Corp , up 7.8%, and ARC Resources Ltd , higher by 7.6%.
* Lagging shares were Dollarama Inc , down 8.5%, OceanaGold Corp, down 7.4%, and Westshore Terminals Investment Corp, lower by 5.9%.
* On the TSX 122 issues rose and 104 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 12 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 206.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp , Canadian Natural Resources Ltd and Baytex Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 3.41 points, or 2.7%, while the financials sector slipped 0.69 points, or 0.2%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 3.98%, or $2.23, to $58.33 a barrel. Brent crude rose 3.6% , or $2.19, to $63.01 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 18% for the year.