* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.25 percent to 16,854.92
* Leading the index were Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd , up 16.9%, Tourmaline Oil Corp , up 4%, and NovaGold Resources Inc , higher by 3.1%.
* Lagging shares were Eldorado Gold Corp , down 7.0%, Canadian Western Bank, down 6.9%, and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, lower by 5.2%.
* On the TSX 136 issues rose and 92 fell as a 1.5-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 17 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 226.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Toronto-dominion Bank and Canadian Imperial Bank Of Commerce.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.96 points, or 0.7%, while the financials sector slipped 2.40 points, or 0.7%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.02%, or $0.02, to $58.45 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.7% , or $0.44, to $63.44
* The TSX is up 17.7% for the year.