* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.04 percent to 16,946.90
* Leading the index were Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd , up 13.8%, Bausch Health Companies Inc , up 8.7%, and Transcontinental Inc , higher by 8.2%.
* Lagging shares were Empire Company Ltd , down 9.1%, Silvercorp Metals Inc, down 3.9%, and Brookfield Renewable Partners LP (BEP_u.TO), lower by 3.5%.
* On the TSX 109 issues rose and 123 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 7 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 242.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Encana Corp and Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 2.82 points, or 2.1%, while the financials sector climbed 0.34 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.92%, or $0.54, to $59.3 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.02% , or $0.65, to $64.37 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 18.3% for the year.