* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.11 percent to 17,075.20
* Leading the index were Ivanhoe Mines Ltd , up 8.5%, Parex Resources Inc , up 6.1%, and Whitecap Resources Inc , higher by 5.4%.
* Lagging shares were Canfor Corp , down 18.0%, Aurora Cannabis Inc, down 7.2%, and Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd, lower by 6.2%.
* On the TSX 124 issues rose and 104 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 8 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 206.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Encana Corp and Baytex Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 2.56 points, or 1.8%, while the financials sector climbed 0.83 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.13%, or $0.68, to $60.89 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.22% , or $0.8, to $66.14 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 19.2% for the year.