* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.06 percent to 17,128.71
* Leading the index were Baytex Energy Corp , up 8.8%, First Majestic Silver Corp , up 7.9%, and Alamos Gold Inc , higher by 7.7%.
* Lagging shares were Aurora Cannabis Inc , down 9.7%, Hexo Corp, down 4.4%, and Enghouse Systems Ltd, lower by 3.8%.
* On the TSX 123 issues rose and 105 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 7 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 161.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Baytex Energy Corp and Encana Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 2.32 points, or 1.6%, while the financials sector slipped 1.86 points, or 0.6%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.41%, or $0.25, to $60.69 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.68% , or $0.45, to $66.59 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 19.6% for the year.