* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.41 percent to 17,098.56
* Leading the index were Torex Gold Resources Inc , up 5.2%, Ivanhoe Mines Ltd , up 4.9%, and NovaGold Resources Inc , higher by 4.2%.
* Lagging shares were Canada Goose Holdings Inc , down 5.7%, Hexo Corp, down 4.3%, and Cronos Group Inc, lower by 3.7%.
* On the TSX 102 issues rose and 126 fell as a 0.8-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 16 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 128.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Baytex Energy Corp and Encana Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.11 points, or 0.1%, while the financials sector slipped 0.94 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.18%, or $0.11, to $61.61 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.35% , or $0.24, to $68.4 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 19.4% for the year.