FILE PHOTO: The Art Deco facade of the original Toronto Stock Exchange building is seen on Bay Street in Toronto, Ontario, Canada January 23, 2019. REUTERS/Chris Helgren
* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.21 percent to 17,063.43
* Leading the index were Hudson’s Bay Co (HBC.TO), up 20.6%, Cronos Group Inc (CRON.TO), up 16%, and Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO), higher by 11.7%.
* Lagging shares were Semafo Inc (SMF.TO), down 3.6%, Silvercorp Metals Inc (SVM.TO), down 3.0%, and Real Matters Inc (REAL.TO), lower by 2.8%.
* On the TSX 50 issues rose and 174 fell as a 0.3-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 9 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 153.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO), Aphria Inc (APHA.TO) and Hexo Corp (HEXO.TO).
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN rose 0.03 points, or 0.0%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 0.81 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 0.83%, or $0.51, to $61.17 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 0.96% , or $0.64, to $66.03 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 19.1% for the year.