FILE PHOTO: A TMX Group sign, the company that runs the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX), is seen in Toronto, June 23, 2014. REUTERS/Mark Blinch
* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.21 percent to 17,099.95
* Leading the index were Ballard Power Systems Inc (BLDP.TO), up 11.2%, NFI Group Inc (NFI.TO), up 5.9%, and Enghouse Systems Ltd (ENGH.TO), higher by 5%.
* Lagging shares were Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO), down 5.7%, Canopy Growth Corp (WEED.TO), down 4.8%, and Aphria Inc (APHA.TO), lower by 4.6%.
* On the TSX 110 issues rose and 117 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 8 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 156.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO), Hexo Corp (HEXO.TO) and Aphria Inc (APHA.TO).
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 0.81 points, or 0.5%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 1.72 points, or 0.6%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.15%, or $0.09, to $61.15 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.33% , or $0.22, to $66.22
* The TSX is up 0.2% for the year.