* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.37 percent to 17,168.06
* Leading the index were Lightspeed POS Inc , up 9.1%, NovaGold Resources Inc , up 5.1%, and Alacer Gold Corp , higher by 4.8%.
* Lagging shares were Hexo Corp , down 5.3%, Exchange Income Corp, down 3.2%, and ARC Resources Ltd, lower by 3.0%.
* On the TSX 168 issues rose and 62 fell as a 2.7-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 15 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 171.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Encana Corp and Baytex Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.19 points, or 0.1%, while the financials sector climbed 0.08 points, or 0.0%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.01%, or $0.64, to $62.63 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.06% , or $0.73, to $68.18 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 0.6% for the year.