* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.22 percent to 17,597.39
* Leading the index were Bombardier Inc , up 8.9%, Westshore Terminals Investment Corp , up 3.4%, and Alamos Gold Inc , higher by 3.1%.
* Lagging shares were Hexo Corp , down 2.9%, Encana Corp, down 2.7%, and Martinrea International Inc, lower by 1.7%.
* On the TSX 144 issues rose and 85 fell as a 1.7-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 31 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 111.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Encana Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.16 points, or 0.1%, while the financials sector climbed 0.62 points, or 0.2%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.2%, or $0.12, to $58.66 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.43% , or $0.28, to $65.13 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 3.1% for the year.