* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.35 percent to 17,379.76
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc , up 6.4%, Ballard Power Systems Inc , up 6.3%, and Bombardier Inc , higher by 6.1%.
* Lagging shares were Alacer Gold Corp , down 5.5%, OceanaGold Corp, down 4.9%, and Semafo Inc, lower by 4.7%.
* On the TSX 144 issues rose and 84 fell as a 1.7-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 27 new highs and 5 new lows, with total volume of 195.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Baytex Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.79 points, or 0.6%, while the financials sector climbed 1.06 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 3.04%, or $1.57, to $49.99 a barrel. Brent crude fell 4.2% , or $2.38, to $54.24
* The TSX is up 1.9% for the year.