* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.48 percent to 17,740.57
* Leading the index were Great Canadian Gaming Corp , up 11.0%, Silvercorp Metals Inc , up 7.8%, and Ballard Power Systems Inc , higher by 6%.
* Lagging shares were Aurora Cannabis Inc , down 8.0%, MEG Energy Corp, down 5.6%, and Canada Goose Holdings Inc, lower by 4.2%.
* On the TSX 146 issues rose and 78 fell as a 1.9-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 30 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 208.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Meg Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.05 points, or 0.0%, while the financials sector slipped 0.01 points, or 0.0%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.39%, or $0.7, to $49.62 a barrel. Brent crude fell 2.04% , or $1.11, to $53.36 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 4% for the year.