* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.15 percent to 17,848.36
* Leading the index were Hexo Corp , up 16.7%, Canopy Growth Corp , up 15.9%, and Cronos Group Inc , higher by 5.9%.
* Lagging shares were Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd , down 15.4%, MTY Food Group Inc, down 8.7%, and Eldorado Gold Corp, lower by 4.2%.
* On the TSX 119 issues rose and 108 fell as a 1.1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 43 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 221.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Hexo Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.26 points, or 0.2%, while the financials sector climbed 1.16 points, or 0.4%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.24%, or $0.64, to $52.06 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.74% , or $0.97, to $57.32
* The TSX is up 4.6% for the year.