* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.06 percent to 17,858.34
* Leading the index were Eldorado Gold Corp , up 10.5%, Ballard Power Systems Inc , up 9.4%, and B2Gold Corp , higher by 8.4%.
* Lagging shares were Bombardier Inc , down 10.6%, Spin Master Corp, down 5.3%, and Interfor Corp, lower by 5.2%.
* On the TSX 111 issues rose and 117 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 44 new highs and 3 new lows, with total volume of 294.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Manulife Financial Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.25 points, or 0.2%, while the financials sector slipped 1.12 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.06%, or $0.03, to $52.08 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.02% , or $0.01, to $57.68 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 4.7% for the year.