* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.10 percent to 17,944.06
* Leading the index were Northview Apartment REIT (NVU_u.TO), up 12.7%, Secure Energy Services Inc , up 5.2%, and First Majestic Silver Corp , higher by 4.6%.
* Lagging shares were Ballard Power Systems Inc , down 8.5%, Sienna Senior Living Inc, down 7.6%, and Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd, lower by 6.8%.
* On the TSX 124 issues rose and 101 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 29 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 248.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Telus Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.46 points, or 0.3%, while the financials sector climbed 1.26 points, or 0.4%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.9%, or $0.48, to $53.77 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.32% , or $0.19, to $59.31
* The TSX is up 5.2% for the year.