FILE PHOTO: The Toronto Stock Exchange sign is seen in Toronto, Ontario, Canada July 6, 2017. REUTERS/Chris Helgren/File Photo
* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.78 percent to 16,423.62
* Leading the index were OceanaGold Corp <OGC.TO>, up 12.0%, Centerra Gold Inc (CG.TO), up 8.7%, and Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd (WDO.TO), higher by 8.4%.
* Lagging shares were Cronos Group Inc (CRON.TO), down 11.9%, Enerflex Ltd (EFX.TO), down 8.2%, and Ero Copper Corp (ERO.TO), lower by 6.9%.
* On the TSX 84 issues rose and 143 fell as a 0.6-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 2 new highs and 7 new lows, with total volume of 392.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc (SU.TO), B2gold Corp (BTO.TO) and Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO).
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 3.99 points, or 3.5%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 5.54 points, or 1.8%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 1.33%, or $0.62, to $47.37 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.25%, or $0.13, to $52.03 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 3.7% for the year.