* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 10.27 percent to 14,514.24
* Leading the index were Dollarama Inc <DOL.TO>, up 1.7%, Jamieson Wellness Inc , off -0.3%, and Metro Inc , down -1.2%.
* Lagging shares were MEG Energy Corp , down 55.6%, Cenovus Energy Inc, down 51.6%, and Crescent Point Energy Corp, lower by 43.3%.
* On the TSX 1 issues rose and 229 fell as a 0-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were no and 106 new lows, with total volume of 559.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Cenovus Energy Inc , Meg Energy Corp and Bombardier Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 27.76 points, or 27.2%, while the financials sector slipped 30.68 points, or 10.5%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 26.74%, or $11.04, to $30.24 a barrel. Brent crude fell 26.24%, or $11.88, to $33.39 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 14.9% for the year.