FILE PHOTO: The Toronto Stock Exchange sign is seen in Toronto, Ontario, Canada July 6, 2017. REUTERS/Chris Helgren/File Photo
* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 12.34 percent to 12,508.45
* Leading the index were Linamar Corp <LNR.TO>, up 3.8%, Labrador Iron Ore Royalty Corp (LIF.TO), off -0.3%, and Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust (CHP_u.TO), down -2.3%.
* Lagging shares were Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund (CHE_u.TO), down 34.4%, Shawcor Ltd (SCL.TO), down 30.7%, and Lightspeed POS Inc (LSPD.TO), lower by 29.3%.
* On the TSX 1 issues rose and 229 fell as a 0-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were no and 157 new lows, with total volume of 678.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO), Canadian Natural Resources Ltd (CNQ.TO) and Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO).
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 11.57 points, or 16.5%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 33.19 points, or 12.8%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 6.03%, or $1.99, to $30.99 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 8.58%, or $3.07, to $32.72 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 26.7% for the year.