* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 1.77 percent to 13,371.17
* Leading the index were Hexo Corp <HEXO.TO>, up 34.9%, NFI Group Inc , up 33%, and Lightspeed POS Inc , higher by 31.9%.
* Lagging shares were Methanex Corp , down 10.9%, Baytex Energy Corp, down 8.2%, and Hudbay Minerals Inc, lower by 7.7%.
* On the TSX 153 issues rose and 73 fell as a 2.1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were no and 2 new lows, with total volume of 468.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Bombardier Inc and Suncor Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.91 points, or 1.7%, while the financials sector climbed 4.15 points, or 1.7%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 5.35%, or $1.31, to $23.18 a barrel. Brent crude fell 2.12%, or $0.58, to $26.81 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 21.6% for the year.