* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 5.11 percent to 12,687.74
* Lagging shares were Pembina Pipeline Corp , down 17.9%, Seven Generations Energy Ltd, down 17.5%, and Enerflex Ltd, lower by 17.3%.
* On the TSX 27 issues rose and 203 fell as a 0.1-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were no and 6 new lows, with total volume of 452.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Bombardier Inc and Cenovus Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 4.82 points, or 9.4%, while the financials sector slipped 12.61 points, or 5.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 3.36%, or $0.76, to $21.84 a barrel. Brent crude fell 4.63%, or $1.22, to $25.12 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 25.6% for the year.