* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.13 percent to 14,830.74
* Leading the index were Real Matters Inc <REAL.TO>, up 22.7%, Norbord Inc , up 8.4%, and Shopify Inc , higher by 6.9%.
* Lagging shares were Torex Gold Resources Inc , down 6.1%, Frontera Energy Corp, down 5.6%, and Barrick Gold Corp, lower by 5.4%.
* On the TSX 91 issues rose and 133 fell as a 0.7-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 9 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 302.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Enbridge Inc , Bombardier Inc and Suncor Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 2.12 points, or 2.9%, while the financials sector climbed 0.36 points, or 0.2%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.91%, or $0.47, to $24.09 a barrel. Brent crude fell 4%, or $1.24, to $29.73
* The TSX is off 13.1% for the year.