* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 4.14 percent to 15,050.92
* Leading the index were Transcontinental Inc <TCLa.TO>, up 6.3%, North West Company Inc (NWC.TO), up 1.3%, and Primo Water Corp (MISSISSAUGA) PRMW.TO, higher by 1%.
* On the TSX 5 issues rose and 225 fell as a 0-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were no and no new lows, with total volume of 374.4 million shares.
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 8.62 points, or 9.8%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 11.98 points, or 4.4%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 8.66%, or $3.43, to $36.17 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 8.12%, or $3.39, to $38.34
* The TSX is off 11.8% for the year.