* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.56 percent to 15,428.69
* Leading the index were Real Matters Inc <REAL.TO>, up 4.5%, Alaris Royalty Corp, up 4.5%, and North West Company Inc, higher by 3.7%.
* Lagging shares were Hexo Corp, down 11.9%, Crescent Point Energy Corp, down 7.9%, and Shawcor Ltd, lower by 6.5%.
* On the TSX 72 issues rose and 153 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 3 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 232.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc, Canadian Natural Resources Ltd and Hexo Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 3.51 points, or 4.3%, while the financials sector slipped 1.74 points, or 0.6%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.77%, or $0.68, to $37.7 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.1%, or $0.45, to $40.51 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 9.6% for the year.