* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.04 percent to 15,474.20
* Leading the index were Centerra Gold Inc <CG.TO>, up 9.5%, Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund, up 9%, and Alamos Gold Inc, higher by 7.8%.
* Lagging shares were Bombardier Inc, down 5.1%, Gildan Activewear Inc, down 5.0%, and Vermilion Energy Inc, lower by 4.2%.
* On the TSX 113 issues rose and 114 fell as a 1-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 6 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 944.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc, Baytex Energy Corp and Blackberry Ltd.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.50 points, or 0.6%, while the financials sector slipped 1.09 points, or 0.4%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.52%, or $0.59, to $39.43 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.94%, or $0.39, to $41.9 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 9.3% for the year.