* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.28 percent to 15,516.90
* Leading the index were Westshore Terminals Investment Corp <WTE.TO>, up 12.0%, Interfor Corp, up 8.4%, and Sandstorm Gold Ltd, higher by 7.1%.
* Lagging shares were WPT Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust, down 7.8%, MEG Energy Corp, down 4.8%, and Maple Leaf Foods Inc, lower by 4.7%.
* On the TSX 132 issues rose and 85 fell as a 1.6-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 6 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 240.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc, Canadian Natural Resources Ltd and Barrick Gold Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.19 points, or 0.3%, while the financials sector slipped 0.78 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.14%, or $0.85, to $40.6 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.87%, or $0.79, to $42.98 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 9.1% for the year.